The Dynamic Communities Power Platform User Group Team wants to take the opportunity to thank all of our User Group Leaders across the world for volunteering their time, energy and efforts to share, engage, and foster development in their local user group communities.
Leader, Houston Power Apps & Power Automate User Group
Microsoft Business Applications MVP
Principal Consultant at Catapult Systems
Twitter - @rezadorrani
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvBYTqRx-n_8KzFO0MJlUVw
This year alone Reza Dorrani has contributed more than 30 community posts and has had 9 speaker engagements. He has also served as a local UG Leader and earned community engagement points for setting up and arranging user group meetings in his local community.
What has been the most challenging part of being a user group leader?
- Growing the user base - We started with a small group of 5-10 people and kept spreading the word and providing great content to ensure growth.
- As a User Group leader, I was open to working with other local user groups (SharePoint UG Houston) to help spread the word.
- One should always listen to what the community wants.
What has been the most rewarding part of being a user group leader?
- Sharing knowledge, connecting with people and helping each other in our Power Platform journey.
What advice do you have for new UG Leaders just getting started, or users looking to start a local user group in their area?
- Get started with connecting with other Local UG's and start spreading the word about your New UG.
- Ask what the audience wants - which topics are they interested in, what times do they prefer for sessions, gather feedback, etc.
- Get feedback from your users and act on it!
Do you have any specific UG member success stories of those engaging in local UGs to share?
Any favorites quotes that might apply here?
- One of our users started his journey of the Power Platform with the UG. He has learnt so much from the UG that now he is in a position to give back to the group by helping others and getting involved in UG leadership
- “What would you like the Power to do” – Power Platform
Power Platform User Group All-Star Award Winners
All-Stars are individuals recognized for global impact on the Power Platform User Group demonstrating leadership, passion, resolve, advancement, commitment, and participation. The All-Star Award program recognizes User Group members who have a passion for Microsoft Power Platform and have made significant contributions of their time and expertise to educate and connect the greater User Group community. All-Star Award recipients are nominated based on community engagement points and voted on by the Power Platform User Group community. Once earned, the All-Star Award holds a lifetime designation – it’s not a one-year award! Please join us in congratulating Reza on this prestigious accomplishment and thanking him for all he continues to do for the community!
Photo taken at 2019 Summit North America – Orlando
We can't THANK our leaders and volunteers enough for what they do to engage this vibrant community!